Monday, February 26, 2018

PL Week 6

I mentioned before one of my goals this year was to get back into scrapping, which includes my Project Life pages. Over the years my approach has changed. I still design my pages digitally, and I suspect at some point I may opt to have the pages printed in a book, but at the moment I print them and slip them into an 8.5x11 page protector. Often I'll turn off some of the embellishment layers before printing so I can add those elements using traditional methods so I end up with a hybrid layout. I like adding the little embellishments which uses some of my stash, and not spending the time trimming and lining up photos or slipping them into pockets. And, let's face it, there are very few options for the latter since I stick with 8.5x11.

The area where my approach has changed is how I record. I don't get caught up in documenting every week. Some weeks are busy and I actually remember to take lots of images; some days I forget to take photos and sometimes when I take photos the images are just total crap. So I focus on capturing what makes sense. I don't have a week 2 for 2018 and I probably won't have a week 7...and I'm okay with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment