Friday, February 2, 2018

JUMPING IN WITH BOTH...HANDS

Welcome 2018. The last months of 2017 sure went quickly and despite good intentions, and there are always good intentions, I never made it back to the blog. Even now, in the new year, I'm a bit late, after all, it is already February.

Last month I spent most of my time parked in front of the computer participating in MOC6 (month of challenges) at the Lilypad. I'd been planning to jump back into scrapping this year and apparently the Cosmos decided to give me a nudge via email. The goal, complete all 31 challenges. The reward, a $20 credit to the digital store. A new challenge was posted every day. Some focussed on storytelling, some on techniques and others on creativity. The challenge ends tonight so if you're stumbling onto this blog you're probably too late to participate in this year's MOC, unless you're a super fast scrapper. I'm not, but I did manage to complete all the challenges. I had a blast, learned some new things and made a small dent into the backlog of photos I'd been collecting. If you are a digital or hybrid scrapper what I can recommend is for you to check out the site and forum. The group is super friendly!

Here are 2 of the pages I completed last month. In the past, I frequently digitally mapped out the design of my layouts and then did a traditional scrap.  These layouts would certainly be easy to recreate with paper & embellishments but I think I'm going to leave them as is. Perhaps they'll end up in a printed album. We'll see.




No comments:

Post a Comment