Sunday, February 4, 2018

Cool Cat Card

Today I'm sharing a card I made using stamps from MFT. I mentioned in a previous post I was on the search for 2018 go to birthday card. Something universal and easily mass produced. Undecided if this will be the one, but I did make several in one sitting.

This card uses stamps from MFT's Cool Cat and Twice the Wishes sets. I love the images in the Cool Cat set, especially the little fat cat. So adorable. With a lot of cat-loving friends, I anticipate I'll be pulling out this set often. The bow and party hat are from a Mama Elephant stamp set and adds a cute little festive touch.

I don't have a balloon stencil so I improvised by using an old punch and copy paper to create a mini stencil. I punched several, secured them onto my cardstock and then used Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks to blend the design. I chose bright, warm colors to combat the grey skies of winter but you could opt for a cool palette or even make each balloon a different color for a real festive, party look.




No comments:

Post a Comment