Monday, February 19, 2018

21st Birthday

My nephew turns 21 this month. He's the third one of my nephews and niece to hit 21 so we won't even go into just how old that makes me feel. Not only does he turn 21, but it is also his golden birthday. I don't think it gets much better than 21 on the 21st. We're gearing up for a big celebration, though I'm going to leave the partying into the wee hours to those much younger.

The special day (and guy) deserves a special card. This one came together pretty quickly thanks to the Silhouette design store, some old chipboard numbers, glitter paper, and glitter tape. I use the Radiant Banner card from Hero Arts. Did a gradient fill and then just printed the background onto some Staples photo supreme matte paper. I love this paper for printing. It always delivers vibrant, crisp color. It's a bit more of a challenge if I use it for print and cuts. I think it has a high fiber count because I have to use a well-loved mat or risk tearing the paper when I try to release the cut images. It also requires a double cut and preferably a new blade. But I deviate, since this time I just printed the image and trimmed by hand.

































Honestly, I can't remember the manufacturer of the chipboard numbers. They've been in my stash for a very long time. I'm not big on chipboard and you know I generally like my card pretty flat. These have quite a bit of dimension but since this card is hand delivered it is not a problem.


I really like the card but I'm guessing that he'll spend more time admiring the check inside the card than the card itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment