Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Yang

So I got side tracked. It started with a little straightening and ended up with a full cleaning and organization binge of my scrap room. It was long over due. I'm messy. Okay, understatement. I'm a very messy crafter & scrapper. Once I get into a project all kinds of things come out of the bins, boxes and cubby holes and take up residence on my scrap table. Before you know it I'm working in a 5"x5" space. And while I craft messy my creative motivation requires a clean, clutter free zone to fully function. The ying and the yang in constant battle. The yang is a hard task master but there are benefits...like these 2 wooden pumpkins.

I can't say for sure how long they've languished in one of my cupboards but it's safe to it's been awhile; definitely time to rescue them, dress 'em up and place them on display. I stained them brown using some old walnut ink then used my favorite Making Memories Halloween line from a couple years back to cover the base. A little inking around the edges, embossing to bring out the detail and some crinkle ribbon to complete the project. Perfect for a kitchen window or maybe hanging from a drawer pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment