Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Flea Market Finds Inspiration

A few weeks ago I hit the local flea market with the gals. I love browsing the different stalls and usually end up with all kinds of odds and ends. Thankfully this time round we went late in the day so we had a limited amount of time before the vendors closed up shop. This kept me focused because I really just wanted to find some old sheet music and books for my crafting. I scored. Yay me! And since then all my goodies have been sitting neglected on my scrap table until this past weekend which started out grey and rainy; a perfect day to neglect chores in favor of spending some time crafting. I'd been thinking tags for some goody bags I want to put together and thought some of that old sheet music would make a good base. This is the result.

Recognize the ghost? Yeah, I had a few extras from my card making so it didn't take much effort to create my first tag. The spider and bat are ek punches. The bat I embossed using on of my cuttlebug folders and the spider I flocked. What a mess! Now I remember why I don't pull out the flocking very often but well worth the mess this time round. Up close this guy looks pretty creepy. 

I layered the bat and spider cuts several times to give them some extra stability since they extend off the tag. The pumpkin is a Quickutz die I modified slightly. A little inking around the edges for depth, a twisty vine and a bit of bling and ... done. I'm going to use black crinkle ribbon to tie them to my treat bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment