Friday, September 17, 2010

Apples

Another find during my recent clean up. Like the pumpkins these apples were tucked away in one of my many craft boxes. I stained the base with walnut ink and once dry covered them with some scraps I had saved from a recent layout. Since I mainly scrap 8.5" x 11" I have bins full of paper trimming and am always happy when I can put my bits and pieces to good use.

I embellished them with leaves punched from an ek success then added a homemade button and some ribbon trim. The apples have a hole to string ribbon or twine for hanging but have a base thick enough to stand on their own. And I think for the moment, that's how I'll leave them.
And since I was hitting my scrap bin I decided to continue with my apples theme and punched a bunch using my MS apple punch.

I layered the cuts to get the stem and leaf detail. So much easier than trying to work with tiny pieces that never seem to want to stay put. I also like the added thickness which gives them a little depth and makes them sturdy like a thin chipboard. Perfect for use on a card or embellishing a harvest layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment