Monday, September 17, 2018

My Favorite Things Superstar



MFT is running their Design Superstar contest. Today is the last day for entry and isn't it just like me to be getting my submission in just under the wire. My entry is for the CAS category. I actually created several cards, I'll show those later in the week. As for now....this is my card.



I used 3 different stamp sets to create the image and sentiment. The wreath was created using stamps from Snowflake Flurry. I'm still in the Fall mood so I was looking for something autumn themed. As I was going through my MFT stamps I thought some of the snowflake images looked like wheat or twigs. With the right colors, I thought it would make for a pretty harvest wreath/medallion design. Love the end design...and deceptively simple to do without any fancy tools. Really!

All I used was a 21/2" circular punch, punched from Avery removable ID labels. Folded the circle in half, opened it, folded it in half from the other side, repeated until I had 8 even folds. Took a black marker and placed a dot at the top edge of each fold, which gave me a guide so the snowflakes were evenly spaced when stamping. Centered the removable circle onto my cardstock and went to town. You do have to move the stamps around your template but it went quickly. Peel off your mask and you have a beautiful design with space for an image or sentiment.


The center image was taken from the Funky Flowers set and the sentiment from Flamazing. I used Copics to shade the flower and a shimmer pen to add sparkle to some of the leaves and detail to the flower center. One layer card for easy, peasy mailing! I'm definitely going to attempt this again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment