Wednesday, September 20, 2017

PTI Beautiful Blooms

I make a lot of birthday cards...a lot. Since I don't get much "me time" for crafting or stamping when I do find a moment I try to build up my stash. This card uses the PTI Beautiful Blooms stamps. An oldie but well loved. I created this card when I first bought my Misti, which means it's been in my stash for a while.

Most of my card are flat for easy mailing. I know there are ways to protect and mail bulkier cards but I'm a big fan of simple and quick. I have a difficult enough time just making sure there are postage stamps in the drawer without having to worry about a stash of special mailers or the extra postage. 

On this card I did break my "flat rule" and mounted the card panel onto foam and then to the card base. I've since discovered foam sheets at the Dollar Tree. Yes, they are assorted colors (I haven't seen white sheets yet) but trimming the sheet smaller than the card panel ensures the foam sheet doesn't peak out nor throw a cast onto the card base. Plus the sheets are super thin. About the depth of 110lb card stock but without the weight (read no extra postage). Plus...they're a dollar!!










As a finishing touch I took the time to stamp the envelop. I always think it looks nice to have a coordinating envelop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment