Tuesday, September 19, 2017

MFT Card Design Superstar

I'm playing along with the MFT Card Design Superstar contest. I haven't done a lot of stamping, though I own a number of stamps. This contest was the perfect motivator to pull out my stamps sets and experiment. 

For my entry into the Clean & Simple Genius I'm using MFT's Beautiful Blooms stamps and dies. I may not get the opportunity to stamp often but this is definitely a go to set. I always get beautiful affects and it's the perfect set for a flat card design. 





















































For the background I masked off sections of cardstock and used distress ink to apply color and detail. I did the same for the flower vase using washi tape. Just be certain to apply some anti static powder on your cardstock. I didn't my first go round and discovered washi tape is much stickier than I remembered and had to redo the vase shading.

Little dots on the vase were added using the flower center dots in the set. Added a little extra sparkle on the stripes with my favorite Gelly Roll Clear Star pen.

I ended up doing 2 cards; same design and stamp set just different color combinations. This is the blue version. Now I just need to decide which of the 2 I'll enter into the contest.




1 comment: