Thursday, October 28, 2010

just chillin'...

We had a little burst of summer this past weekend; sunshine and temps in the mid 70’s? Since then the temps have been dropping steadily and it feels like Fall with Winter close on its heels. That's okay. Perfect weather for getting my mind set back into holiday crafting. Good thing too. Despite my goal to wrap up my bazaar projects this month I can already tell it will run into next month.

I was browsing my photo library and came across these projects I created last year. Why I didn't take photos of the contents I have no idea but at least I have a couple completed shots to share. The first is a Cocoa box set. The box I found at Michaels. After I made these I found several blogs with various treatments. Most have a wrap around but I like covering the entire box. I start by staining the box with walnut ink and then cover the outside with decorative paper. Inside I tucked 2 packets of cocoa wrapped in the same paper, a small bag of marshmallows, a little treat bag of Hershey kisses and a couple candy canes.
A tag and bow for the handle and because I needed a bit of sparkle...I added a wooden snowflake enhanced with glitter. They were a big hit. I have a few of these boxes left so maybe I make some for this year too.

Another bazaar project; this one for all those special teachers. I used Papertrey's Teacher's Apple. This is one of my favorite sets. It's so versatile; I find myself pulling it out a lot and not just for teacher related projects.

The box housed 10 note cards and envelopes. The candle was purchased at Wal-Mart for just a dollar. I used Juicy Apple but Warm Apple Pie also smells heavenly. To save time I stamped the apples onto a solid adhesive backed label sheet, trimmed the strips and wrapped the jar. Love simple. In fact they were so easy and quick I made several extras to tuck into holiday baskets I gave to family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment