Tuesday, October 3, 2017

100th Birthday

Last week was busy with no time for crafting or card making. Paint all day, scrub, clean, get cleaned up and a quick supper before dropping into bed. I was almost happy to see Monday again.

No free time meant I had to get my hustle on last night, after all you don't often need a birthday card for someone celebrating their 100th birthday. What an accomplishment and special celebration for a dear friend. I definitely want the card to reflect this special day, be sparkly and fun. So I pulled out my foil and some stamps from Mama Elephant. I just love the little dog and cat agenda stamps. So fun and I've seen so many cute cards made with these sets.



































I spent a little time on the computer to design the sentiment, ran it out on my laser printer and then used the Pink Gold ombre foil from Heidi Swapp. Once I had the foiling completed I ran out a couple of black and white practice prints on regular copy paper, trimmed it to size then spent a bit of time stamping images to figure out which ones I wanted to include and where I wanted them positioned. Once I had it planned out I was ready to go and the actual card came together quickly with no re-dos.

A few of the images are popped with a foam dot and the dimensional dots on the card are from Cloud Nine. Remember those? Yeah, I have some really old supplies in my stash which are happy to finally get used.






No comments:

Post a Comment